Over the centuries the Estate has evolved but, while land has been sold, the family have remained committed to farming.
Within the past thirty years the diversification of approach to farming has encompassed:
- livestock, including successfully pioneering a new breed of sheep, the Cambridge;
- a market garden, producing award winning apples and tomatoes;
- a commercial scale orchard, employing groundbreaking anti-frost technology;
- a Pick Your Own fruit and vegetable business;
- Pick Your Own Christmas trees; and
- asparagus, widely recognised as the best in the South East.
Today, farming is focused on Pigeon House Farm where a dedicated team continue to ensure that the Estate remains sustainable. Currently, the farming operation includes: herbs; arable; sheep and equestrian activities.
Dorney Court Estate offers livery services and the use of a state of the art floodlit manège facility as well as riding lessons for all ages and abilities. For more information please contact us.